------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Lookalike" A Ranma 1/2 Crossover SPAMfic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ranma 1/2 (c) Rumiko Takahashi / Shogakukan * Kitty Film * Fuji TV. Exclusively licensed throughout the United States and Canada by Viz Communications, Inc. This fan fiction is for private home use only; it may be freely redistributed, but not altered or used for profit. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ by Douglas MacDougall http://www.dougmacd.net/fanworks/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Why do all the weirdos come after me?" muttered Ranma. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. After a splash of cold water, Shampoo had attached herself to Ranma's back more tenaciously than usual, and she had practically run out of the ward before finally removing the feline cling-on. And now, during the hour-long walk back to the dojo, she had bumped into her newest admirer: a guy wearing weird blue clothes that looked like they belonged in some other time period. As soon as he saw Ranma, the guy came running up to her, talking to her like some sort of long-lost friend. Right. She was sure she looked like this guy's 'friend,' the way his eyes kept drifting to her breasts. She'd tried to ditch him, making it quite clear that she had nothing to do with the girl he was 'looking for', but he was having none of it. Instead, he stuck with his story, and started following her around like a puppy dog, trying to talk to her. Man, if this idiot really did know a girl that looked like her, she felt sorry for the other girl! Then the guy asked how she had 'ended up in this world, too.' That's when she knew it was time to ditch him. She walked into a tea shop, and ordered a glass of hot water. Predictably, he had followed her in, and pressed on with his stupid story. "Are you sure you're not--?" "No, I'm not related to your girlfriend!" "Sh- She's not my girlfriend! And you have to be related to her somehow. I mean, how many other people have that color hair? That--" "What? LOTS of people have red hair around here. There's that waitress from that Cha-Cha bar. And the girl that rides her bike through traffic." She paused for a moment, before realizing that she needed to clarify. "The one that's always being followed by the helicopters and missiles. And that's just in Nerima!" "Nerima?" "Right. I forgot. You're not from this dimension." Ranma rolled her eyes. "It's not just the hair. You're just like her! Petite but althetic, a big ego and violent personality..." "Say WHAT?" He grinned. "And your voice! It sounds EXACTLY like..." Finally, the waiter behind the counter gave Ranma her order, which she immediately poured over her head. After all traces of femininity were washed away, he asked in a decidely deeper voice, "I sound exactly like who?" It was with a great deal of satisfaction that he saw the guy's eyes nearly pop out of his head. He weakly raised a trembling hand and pointed it at Ranma, opening and closing his mouth silently. Eventually, he started making sounds to go with the movements. "Y- You... You're..." "Yes?" He smirked as he watched the other's reaction through half-lidded eyes. "You're him!" The guy suddenly latched onto him, hugging him tightly. "Wh- What?!" Ranma tried to pry the weirdo off him, but it wasn't working too well. The reflexes to throw off perverts didn't seem to be ingrained in his normal body like it was for his girl-side. "I'm happy. I'm so happy." the dark-haired boy looked at him with tear-filled brown eyes. "At first, I thought that you were a just combination of Asuka and Rei. But this is so much better." "You've come back to me, too, Kaoru!" And Shinji clung to Ranma: the perfect mate for his perfect world. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Started 1999-09-22 Completed 2000-03-28 Last modified 2000-03-30 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neon Genesis Evangelion (c) Gainax / Project Eva * TV Tokyo * NAS. Exclusively licensed throughout the United States and Canada by A.D.V. Films, Inc. Girl-Type Ranma, Lina Inverse, and Rei Ayanami are all voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. She also does the voice of Pigeotto, but I doubt that redhead will ever be compared to Ranma, despite the obvious parallels between the Amaguriken and Quick Attack, or the Hiryu Shoten Ha and Gust... "Pidgeo!"